Fund your Croydon event through our Grassroots Programme
Grassroots engagement funding opportunity 2017/18
Would you like to run an activity/event for local people that is fun AND allows the NHS to speak to individuals about their experiences of health services?
The NHS in south west London is putting together a plan of how to improve services over the next 5 years and they will be attending the events or activities to talk to people that they don’t normally hear from to hear their experiences and discuss some ideas as to how things could be improved.
Funding is available to local organisations and groups to run an activity or event for this purpose. This fund for the borough of Croydon is provided by South West London Collaborative Commissioning and administered by Healthwatch Croydon.
We are working with the NHS on this project and we’re keen to ensure the views of local people are considered and help to shape local health and social care services.
A maximum of £750 per event is available. Example of events include tea dances; pottery classes; pizza and movie afternoons, cultural activities etc.
- Applications that help us to reach people who do not regularly get to share their views with the NHS from the following groups will be prioritized.
- Children and young people
- People with learning disabilities
- People with mental health conditions
- Older people
- People for whom English is not a first language
- Pregnant women and those who have recently given birth
- People with physical disabilities
- Transgender people
- LGBT communities
- People from different races and of different religions
- Socio-economically deprived communities
- Those affected by cancer
There will be two rounds of applications between July –August 2017 and January –February 2018.
Closing date for 1st round applications: – Monday 21st August 2017 by 12.00noon sent to firstname.lastname@example.org