The main job of Healthwatch Croydon is to improve health and care services by listening to local people.
Five things you need to know about Healthwatch Croydon….
- It is our job to find out about you and your family’s experiences (good and bad!) of health and care in Croydon. We then suggest ways of improving services so they are the best that they can be for local people.
- All of the health and social are services in Croydon have to listen to us and make improvements where possible when we tell them about the experiences of local people. This includes hospitals, GPs, pharmacies, nursing homes, residential homes, social carers from the council, day centres, and even dentists.
- If you tell us about your good and bad experiences and your ideas for changes, we will try to make health and social care better in Croydon. We are independent so you can be honest with us, and trust us to keep your feedback confidential
- We want to make sure that you know what is available in Croydon and make sure that if you need some medical help or social care support you can find it easily.
- We also need help! We need people who are enthusiastic about improving health and care services to volunteer to make sure we can make the biggest difference. This helps us to do things like ‘enter and views’ where we visit hospitals and gather evidence from the patient’s point of view.
To find out more about Healthwatch Croydon and what we do, please click here to watch our short film.
If you are interested in finding out more about how Healthwatch Croydon fits in with the national NHS network, you may find this short film interesting to watch - please click here